Sunday, October 2, 2011

Soaking It Up





What an amazing fall day! This is how I want to remember the Outer Banks... perfect barrel waves dotted with surfers reveling in the hurricane swell; ocean spray that extends to the sky in a brilliant rainbow; and the sound of gulls chattering unaffected by the powerful walls of water colliding with the shore. 

Bundled up from head to toe I lean back into the warm sunshine, soaking all the vitamin D and warmth my bronzed cheeks and toes can handle. I breath in deeply allowing the cleansing salty air to fill my lungs. Days like this remind me of the magnificence of the ocean; its' unmatched beauty and power. As I make my way up and down the beach I take mental snapshots (and a few actual photos too) attempting to hold onto the images forever. I have a week left in the Outer Banks and less than a month until we hit the road, I will miss this...



~ Roberta

No comments:

Post a Comment